Jay-Z Signs Willow Smith to a Record Deal

Following in her parents' footsteps, Willow Smith has signed up with Jay-Z's Roc Nation label to be the third rockstar in the family. The nine-year-old star-in-the-making has an Internet hit on her hands with "Whip My Hair," and the biggest name in hip-hop noticed.
We at Roc Nation are excited to work with Willow," Jay-Z said in a statement. "She has an energy and enthusiasm about her music that is truly infectious. It's rare to find an artist with such innate talent and creativity at such a young age. Willow is about to embark on an incredible journey and we look forward to joining her as she grows in all aspects of her career."Willow broke the news Thursday morning on Ryan Seacrest's radio show. For those keeping track, Willow's debut comes a full eight years earlier than her dad's debut with DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
Will Smith has made a name for himself as a superstar actor and recording artist.
And now it looks as if nine-year-old daughter Willow Smith has inherited his talent after announcing she is signing with Jay-Z's record label.
Willow made an appearance on Ryan Seacrest's Kiss FM radio show this morning to talk about new single Whip My Hair.





Jay-Z, real name Shawn Carter, called in during the interview to talk about signing Willow, and how he knows she has real talent.
'I heard the record first before I knew that it was recorded a nine-year-old, and I was like "Man, that record's a smash,"' he said. '[I was told that she was] nine and I was like "Whoa," [but then I found out she was Will Smith's] daughter and I was like "Whoa, whoa!"

'It just went from there. So then I went to Japan to do some stuff, and [the Smith family] was out there in Japan, and I met Willow and the first thing she said was, "I'm really nervous."
'I thought that maturity to explain exactly how she's feeling as she walked in the room, I knew right then that she was a star. I believe in big records on super stars, and I think she's got both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10|HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11|HOT GIRL GALERRY 11